Hello, blogosphere! I hope everyone is safe and healthy. ❤︎ I love lists, so I complied 21 cool ideas to try to pass the time during quarantine. I also included a couple of tips and tricks to stay happy and productive during lockdown time at the end.
Staying inside all day can get pretty dull. These activities are guaranteed to brighten your day.
- Bake – Treats like cookies, brownies, or cake are a fun activity to fill up the day and a delicious desert at the end.
- Write poetry – Get creative and practice sonnets, haikus, or free verse!
- Bullet journal – Whip out those snazzy new markers and some washing tape and get to work!
- Read – Have a book that you’ve been wanting to read, but it keeps dusting away, simply lying on your shelf? Quarantine is the perfect time to snuggle up and dive into a great story.
- Draw – Practice makes perfect.
- Paint – Create a masterpiece.
- Do at-home workouts – There are a ton of at-home exercise tutorials on YouTube, or you can just to sets of push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, lunges, and squats.
- Go on a run – It’s a great way to get outside and stay fit!
- Go on a walk – Going on a walk with a family member and just taking, even just for a couple of minutes, can be very refreshing. Just remember to casually avoid others when walking, or go at a time where less people are out.
- Go on a bike ride – It’s an adventure, and traveling by bike is pretty quick.
- Yoga – Meditating is very relaxing.
- Complete a puzzle – Putting together a jigsaw puzzle is a fun intellectual challenge.
- Fly a kite – If you have a kite, go out on a windy day and let it swirl through the sky!
- Garden – Water and fertilize your plants, or start a home vegetable garden.
- Have a dance party – Compile a playlist and challenge your family members to a dance battle!
- Practice photography – Go outside during golden hour and take a picture of the beautiful peony in your backyard.
- Play a board game – Monopoly, Scrabbled, The Game of Life, Connect 4…
- Play cards – Crazy Eights, Go Fish, Kings in the Corner…
- Trivia Night – Compile trivia about family, or a particular topic or subject.
- Organize – Take time to clean out an absurdly messy desk drawer, or closet, or kitchen, or garage! You’ll feel a lot better when the task is complete.
- Watch Netflix – Odds are that you’ve already done this, but still kick back, relax and watch your favorite series. Some of my favorites are The Office and Stranger Things.
- Practice a musical instrument – Learn a new song and perform a concert for your family.
Being productive and happy during times like these can be difficult. Here are a couple of my tips and tricks!
- Go to bed and wake up at a reasonable time. Although it may seem silly, if you stick to a schedule, even if it’s more lenient than your regular one, you’ll be more productive.
- Don’t procrastinate on the important tasks. You’ll feel happier if you get it done and then relax.
- Get your body moving every day. Exercise has been proved to positively influence mood and mental health!
- Interact with other people every day! Talk to your family, FaceTime friends, and Zoom colleagues. It can be easy to shut out from the world, but instead use this as a time to reach out to loved ones.
- And lastly, stay safe! Exercise caution and follow the recommendations of scientists and doctors.
Thank you for reading this post. Please follow my blog to receive email updates whenever I post. I really appreciate all of the support! 🙂
What have you been doing to keep yourself entertained? Did this list give you any ideas? Let me know in the comments section down below.
Keep On Booking,
☆ Katie K ☆