Hello, blogosphere! It’s been quite a while since my last post…I apologize for the radio silence! I haven’t been focused on my blog, as I have been prioritizing different parts of my life.
I hope everyone is doing well. I know that there has been a lot of chaos in recent events, with the spread of COVID-19. Wherever you are in the world, I hope that you and your family is safe and healthy. Just remember to practice social-distancing to prevent the spread of the virus. ❤︎
About two weeks ago, the schools in my district closed. Schools are expected to resume in a month, but I’m imagining that it’s going to be a little bit more. Because of this, I’ve started online schooling. They call it “distance learning”.
P R O S ✰
- Online schooling is much less time-consuming. One of the best things about online-schooling is that I finish work a lot earlier than I would on a typical school day. I have a lot more free time that can be dedicated to other projects.
- You can go at your own pace. Another really nice thing about online-schooling is that you can get ahead in work or take your time to understand the content. In general, I prefer to work ahead. However, a lot of times it’s nice to rewatch/reread assignments.
- It’s less stressful. After I complete online schoolwork, I feel much less drained and stressed than I usually would after a regular school day! It’s soooo refreshing just to close my computer and be done with the workday. Not only that, but you get to sleep in!
- Teachers only assign the most important materials. Since the school day is so long, a portion of that time is not well spent. Online school focuses in on the most important curriculum and skips unnecessary review from previous units.
- The workload is more reasonable. Regular school days can be very mentally demanding. During the school week, homework and other assignments fill up most of my time. With online school, it’s the perfect balance.
C O N S ✰
- There’s no face-to-face interaction. One of the best parts about school that I often take for granted is the chance to talk to my friends. With online schooling, there are no breaks and lunch hour just to hang out. Not only that, but if I have to ask one of my teachers a question, I have to email them instead of just asking.
- Online school is a little boring sometimes. Staying inside all day staring at a computer gets dull very quickly! Unfortunately, many parts of the world are in quarantine due to COVID-19 outbreaks, so this is our current reality.
Thank you for reading this post. Please follow my blog to receive email updates whenever I post. I really appreciate all of the support! 🙂
Have you started online schooling/working from home? What are your thoughts on quarantine? Let me know in the comments section down below.
Keep On Booking,
☆ Katie K ☆